Saturday, July 4, 2015

Animal Crossing Hard Candies - 2nd Edition!

Happy Fourth of July! I wanted to make a quick post about a purchase I made a couple days ago before I forgot! I have been such a big fan of the Animal Crossing games for almost 10 years now, so I was super excited when I saw these candies were for sale at my local Marukai! These sweets are the 2nd edition of a previously released set of Animal Crossing: New Leaf hard candies from 2014. I'm excited that another set has come out!
The packaging is exceptionally cute, using Isabelle and other charactersfrom New Leaf as the main design influence. My Japanese is pretty rough, but I think the bag says that there are 4 fun flavors to choose from! The flavors are the native fruits from the game, depicted in their "perfect" form. There's also one set of stickers in each package to collect! 
The back of the packaging shows the nutrient info and another sample sticker set. There are 23 candies in each package. 


The individual packaging of the hard candies are so adorable! Each one has a different village character on it, including some of the main characters. They all say, "what's today's lucky seal?!" Or something of that matter. My favorite was Reese! The candies themselves weren't amazing, but they were nice and fruity. My favorite flavor personally would have to be the peach!
Aaaaand these are the stickers that I got! I'm a super big fan of Animal Crossing so I was very happy with the stickers and would have been fine with any design. I'm not sure where I'll put these, but I'm very happy I have them! 
Overall rating: 9/10
Price: $3
Source: Marukai Market
If you live in a city with a Marukai, I highly recommend checking it out to see if they have any more candies in stock. I'm sure this product is a limited time offer, so get them soon! Especially if you're a collector!

No comments:

Post a Comment