Thursday, September 12, 2013

Amoeba Records + Hollywood Adventures

Summer has ended and I'm sure for everyone that has been replaced by a dread also known as school. I was definitely not looking forward to going back to days of endless hours of studying, cramming, busy days, and stressful nights. Thus, I decided to spend my last day of freedom at a not-so-little music store in Hollywood: Amoeba Records. 
If you live in Southern California and not under a rock, surely you've heard of what Amoeba Records is. This is THE trendy, go-to music place for anything bands, music, or movie-related. They have pretty much anything you would want to listen to! Not only that, but they sell used albums, making some of the prices a lot cheaper than they normally are. The selection of bands is HUMONGOUS and there are thousands to choose from.

Not only that, but they also sell vinyl records of many different genres. If you're a vintage-lover and own a record player at home, Amoeba will be a piece of heaven for you. Needless to say, Amoeba is my new favorite music store. I can get so many different band albums here and some for super cheap. Their three locations are in Berkeley, San Francisco, and Hollywood, so if you're in the area, you should definitely check the place out. 
The album that I bought from Amoeba was the original soundtrack from the movie Scott Pilgrim vs The World. The Scott Pilgrim franchise has been a personal love of mine for a long time, so owning the soundtrack that featured the great songs of the movie made me a very happy girl. 
Afterwards, we went sight seeing in Hollywood and ended up stumbling upon the star of one of my favorite singer-songwriters, John Lennon. 
It was a fantastic last day of summer for me, filled with good music and even better food, but all good things come to an end and now I'm back in school. Everyone else, good luck in your studies and work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment